For out of state students we can recommend a variety of short-term housing options, including certain college and universities that set aside housing during the summer.
- Suggestions for short term housing or home stays
- Guidance relating academic interests and talents to career possibilities
- Assistance with creating a resume and preparing for a workplace interview
- Securing and Coordinating the Internship Placement
Our process is grounded in Academics:
- Colleges are interested a student who is well rounded but who also has a special academic interest or talent that they have pursued in-depth.
- Often students have no idea about their career interest, but by reviewing the student’s courses and extra-curricular activities, we help them identify a “thread of interest” that can be developed further through an internship.
- Then we research and contact potential mentors and establish an internship that will enhance the student’s learning experience and academic resume.
We guide students through each step of the program:
- Each student receives program materials related to: creating a resume, prepping for a workplace interview, asking for a letter of recommendation.
- We provide guidance as students are working by responding to Internship Connection Journals. Journals have been designed with specific questions that are meant to foster reflection.
- Counselors provide feedback on journals, maintain contact with workplace mentors and when appropriate, make site visits.
We have placed college students in exciting tech startups, physical therapy at a local hospital, costume design and stage management for a prestigious theater, teaching in the inner-city, technology for a green tech startup, finance at an investment group, law, bio-tech and more.
Let us make this an exciting and productive time by creating an experience designed specifically for you!