- Suggestions for short term housing or home stays
- Guidance relating academic interests and talents to career possibilities
- Assistance with creating or editing a resume and preparing for a workplace interview
- Securing and coordinating the Internship Placement
- Assistance with asking for a Letter of Recommendation from the workplace
Companies and organizations are interested in students who have had previous workplace exposure, with the expectation of several internships before graduation.
- We have discussions with each student about their college majors, additional courses they have enjoyed and work experience.
- Then we contact potential mentors and establish an internship that will enhance the student’s learning experience and professional resume.
We guide students through each step of the program:
- Each student receives program materials related to: creating a resume, prepping for a workplace interview, asking for a letter of recommendation.
- We provide guidance as students are working by responding to Internship Connection Journals. Journals have been designed with specific questions that are meant to foster reflection.
- Counselors provide feedback on journals, maintain contact with workplace mentors and when appropriate, make site visits.
We have placed college students in exciting tech startups, physical therapy at a local hospital, costume design and stage management for a prestigious theater, teaching in the inner-city, technology for a green tech startup, finance at an investment group, law, bio-tech and more.
Let us make this an exciting and productive time by creating an experience designed specifically for you!